Here at zipcube.com we know how tough it can be to find the perfect meeting room for your event. Luckily, we have had quite a lot of experience at this now and have put together a little guide to help you in choosing that venue.
- Location, location, location. It is an old saying, but that doesn’t make it any less accurate today. You need to choose somewhere that is convenient for everyone coming to the meeting, not just for you. Access to public transport is essential these days when making a decision as to where to hold the meeting.
- Your Budget. Have a budget ready before you start your search, but make sure it a realistic budget or you are going to be searching for something that doesn’t exist. If you are holding a meeting for 20 people in central London… you aren’t getting a room for £20/hour. Remember, you get what you pay for. Spending that little bit more might mean your meeting goes much better overall.
- Size. You can’t compromise on this. If you have 12 people, get a room that can accommodate 12 people. Don’t decide that you will squash into a 10-person room. This will lead to an unpleasant meeting for all involved.
- Refreshments. How long is your meeting? All day? Well, you are probably going to need to keep your attendees fed and watered, unless you want a lot of grumpy people sat around a table. Keep this in mind when picking your venue as not all will necessarily offer catering.
- Facilities. Most meeting rooms on zipcube.com do have some form of AV facility, but it is important to make sure that your room does have everything you need for the meeting you have planned. It can be easy to overlook something, like disabled access or use of a microphone, when booking a room, so make a list beforehand of everything you need.
- The décor. What type of meeting are you holding? What type of impression are you trying to give? These are things you need to consider when deciding on your room. Some rooms are better suited to brainstorming, creative meetings. Some rooms are better suited to executive, professional board meetings.
- Recommendations. Here on zipcube.com everyone that uses a meeting room has the ability to review the room afterwards, so pay attention to what they say. Our staff also spend all day on the phone to venues and venue bookers, so they tend to know what they are talking about, since they want you to have a good meeting and come back to us, they are going to recommend venues which they know can meet all your requirements.