Who we are
We are a rapidly growing online marketplace for hiring event spaces, meeting spaces and offices. Backed by the same people behind Rentalcars, Zoopla, LoveFilm, Shazam, Betfair and more, you’ll be joining an incredible team of ten people who have been working like crazy in a collaborative, innovative and progressive tech company. We’ve been going a few years (we’re even profitable!), but we still feel very much like a start-up. We encourage feedback from everyone on our team and then factor it into core strategy.
Our technology roadmap consists of a Lumen (PHP) API, React/Redux (including server-side rendering,) MYSQL, Redis and Docker DevOps on AWS (although GCP is looking increasingly tempting…). You will be working closely with the CTO to develop tech strategy and architecture while also adapting and improving legacy (CodeIgniter PHP & JQuery) code to the new paradigm. We like to use cutting (but not bleeding) edge tech to keep us in the sweet spot of improved speed and efficiency, but without sacrificing confidence in the tools. We are a dynamic team so whatever your starting point, movement towards genuine full-stack skills will be strongly encouraged!
Your role & responsibilities
Our mission is to use tech to solve every aspect of space hire, from individual user-targeted search results to live messaging systems. To achieve this we need your help and problem solving skills!
You will be:
- Solving complex problems quickly and elegantly
- Migrating from legacy applications to cutting-edge technologies
- Understanding the entire application life cycle
- Profiling and optimising performance
- Follow emerging technologies
- Advising on and implementing best practices
Who you are
We are looking for amazing new talent to join us in Fulham. Creative with known skills and adaptive to new skills,
- love what you do
- have advanced creative problem-solving skills
- are incredibly quick to pick up new ideas
- are incredibly quick to generate new ideas
- embrace ownership and responsibility – and rise to it
- have an in-depth understanding of the entire web development process
- love working flexibly in a small team
- have some experience with functional and event-driven programming
Will focus significantly more on your ability to think rather than problems that can be solved with judicious use of Google. We will, however, expect a good level of understanding of various programming styles (such as OOP and functional) since the learning curve is going to be steep enough as it is…
Salaries, benefits and the rest…
Our main goal is to develop a brilliant team – so potential is more important than experience. However, we currently don’t need anyone who’s looking for less than £30,000 or more than £70,000 a year. We offer support and skill development from a great team, weekly climbing/yoga trips, free pizza and drinks and regular work-from-home days.
If you’re interested, send an email and a cover letter/CV/manifesto for world domination to: email@example.com